How Do You Prevent Termites from Spreading in Florida?
As soon as you discover the signs of active termites in your home, it’s important to call a professional pest control company that can help contain them right away.
To prevent termites from spreading, it’s essential to take action as soon as possible. The first step is to contact a professional pest control company to thoroughly investigate your property and determine the severity of the infestation. While waiting for treatment, it’s important to implement some of the following preventative measures that may help contain the termites:
- Remove sources of excess moisture
- Fix leaky faucets and broken pipes
- Declutter your home
- Clean up your yard
- Remove any piles of wood in or near the home
- Place infested items in the sun
Ready for your INSTANT quote?
Click the button below to leave your information and we’ll be in touch with a free quote!
Understanding How Termites Survive
The key to keeping termites in your home or yard from spreading further is by understanding what they need to survive. After you’ve discovered termites in your home and called a professional, the next step is to take every possible step to remove possible termite attractants in or near your home. The three things most termites need to survive include:
- Wood/Cellulose: It may go without saying, but termites feed on any material that contains cellulose, which is why wood is their primary source of food.
- Water: Like many pests, termites seek out moist areas. Any environment with excess water or humidity is ideal for them.
- Soil: Except for drywood termites, most types require contact with soil to survive. They build mud tubes leading from their colonies underground to food sources.
Keeping a Termite Infestation Under Control
If you’ve already discovered termites in your home, it’s time to call a pest control company. Implementing preventative measures after you already have termites may help keep them from spreading, but it won’t reverse what damage has already been done. Quick, reliable treatment is your best bet at not only removing the current termite activity you have, but also preventing the possibility of future infestations. Effectively keeping termites from spreading starts with trustworthy services from a pest control company and continues on through regular inspections and preventative treatments.
How Do You Prevent Termites from Spreading in Florida? Serving Orlando and surrounding counties
Serving satisfied customers in: