What Are the Signs of a Termite Infestation?
The most typical signs of a termite infestation include hollow wood, mud tubes, frass, discarded wings, and, of course, seeing swarming termites in or near your home.
Because homeowners will rarely see actual termites, it’s essential to know the evidence of an infestation. The most common signs of a termite infestation include:
- Damaged or hollowed-out wood
- Mud tubes
- Termite droppings (frass)
- Swarmers or discarded wings
- Blisters in wood floors
- Cracked or bubbling paint
- Small holes in drywall
Ready for your INSTANT quote?
Click the button below to leave your information and we’ll be in touch with a free quote!
Finding Termite Evidence in Your Home
Termites are notoriously difficult to find, and are unfortunately often only found when extensive damage has already been done. By knowing the signs of termites and staying vigilant about looking for them, you may be able to catch an infestation in its early stages. If you’re a homeowner looking for evidence of termites, the following signs are the most common red flags:
- Structural damage: If you notice holes in your walls, mud tubes or cracks near the home’s foundation, blisters in wood floors, or peeling paint on walls, you may have termites. Knocking on wood suspected to be infested and hearing a hollow noise is another indicator.
- Physical evidence of termites: Seeing drywood termite droppings (frass), which look like small pellets, discarded wings, or actual swarmer termites themselves are the biggest indicators of an infestation in or near your home.
Less Noticeable Signs of Termite Infestations
The thing that makes termites so dangerous is the fact that they are extremely hard to detect, sometimes even by a professional. Although the following signs are rare and may not necessarily indicate termites, they may help lead to further inspections that can locate the wood-boring pests. Strange zigzag markings that appear to be raised on surface walls, a dinstinctly musty odor, discoloration in the walls, squeaky floorboards, or loosening tiles on the floor may all help determine whether or not you have termites in your home. In any case, the best way to diagnose a termite infestation is by enlisting the help of a professional.
What Are the Signs of a Termite Infestation? Serving Orlando and surrounding counties
Serving satisfied customers in: