Are Termite Treatments Effective?
Although there are quite a few termite treatments available, not all of them possess the same effectiveness.
There are several termite treatments available and each has varying degrees of effectiveness in eliminating a termite infestation. If a reliable treatment is administered properly, termites can almost always be eliminated effectively. After treating a home for termites, it’s crucial to get regular treatments or maintenance in order to prevent another infestation.
Which Termite Treatments Work Best?
There’s a lot of debate about which termite treatment works best, often comparing liquid termite treatments (Termidor) with baiting systems (Sentricon). The general consensus is that both of these treatment methods are effective in controlling active termite infestations as well as preventing new ones. Some of the advantages of Termidor includes the fact that it allows for accurate treatment with minimal disruption to your landscape, uses a responsible and low-odor dosage, and has been known to last for more than a decade. Sentricon, on the other hand, is a great system for those who prefer to have a professional regularly monitor their home and baiting stations for effectiveness in keeping termites away.
- How Termidor Works
- Whenever a termite ingests or touches Termidor, it becomes a carrier, transferring Termidor to other termites it contacts.
- These termites in turn can become secondary carriers, behaving normally while they transfer Termidor to other termites they contact, spreading it like a virus throughout the colony.
- This unique, spiraling process is called the “transfer effect,” and it helps deliver devastating results to termites in order to maximize the protection of your home.
- How Sentricon Works
- Bait stations are installed in the ground above your home. The scientifically engineered bait begins working to destroy any active colonies.
- The active ingredient in this engineered bait, which is nearly ten times more attractive to termites than wood, works to prevent termites from maturing. When the termites are unable to molt, they will die.
- Ongoing service and inspections by a professional will ensure the Sentricon bait system continues to work month after month and year after year.
Do Termite Treatments Ever Fail?
Even when using the most effective treatment option, there’s no guarantee it will rid you entirely of your termite infestation upon the first try. Thankfully, companies such as Heron Home & Outdoor back up their Termidor and Sentricon treatment plans with a guarantee to ensure termites will be removed from your property and kept away for good! Using these highly effective methods will provide a continuous barrier of protection against your home.
Are Termite Treatments Effective? Serving Orlando and surrounding counties
Serving satisfied customers in: