How Do I Keep Termites from Coming Back?
Keeping termites from returning after an infestation requires a number of preventative measures, including annual inspections by a professional pest control company.
To keep termites from coming back after an infestation, there are many home prevention tips and tricks to ensure you are protected from another infestation, including eliminating excess moisture and other termite attractants in or near your home.
The most important thing is to receive regular inspections by a professional pest control company, who can help you implement the best methods of termite prevention.
DIY Termite Prevention
While these won’t guarantee your home stays termite-free, there are a lot of ways you can help ward off termites that may be near your home.
A few ways to keep termites away from your property include:
- Eliminate sources of standing water in or near the home as well as any moisture problems, such as a leaky faucet or broken water pipe.
- Ensure your yard has good drainage, avoid excess mulch, and clean out gutters regularly.
- Be cautious of areas in the home where wood is in contact with soil.
- Keep piles of lumber or firewood away from the foundation of your home, and eliminate any sources of decaying lumber.
- Regularly inspect your deck, patio, or outdoor furniture for signs of damage.
- Remove dead trees and branches from areas surrounding your yard.
The Importance of Professional Termite Control
No DIY effort to prevent termites from coming to your home will guarantee your safety. You should definitely heed the tips above to decrease your chances, but if termites want to get into your house, they always can.
That’s why it’s important to enlist the help of a professional pest control company who, in addition to your prevention methods, can regularly inspect your property for signs of termites. Some signs of damage or activity can be hard to spot even to the trained eye, which is all the more reason to hire an expert.
How Do I Keep Termites from Coming Back? Serving Orlando and surrounding counties
Serving satisfied customers in: