Tick Exterminators – Control – Removal
If you’ve ever dealt with an excess of ticks around your home, you know how distressing it can be. Ticks are stealthy and creepy, and they are great at taking advantage of opportunities to latch on to us and our pets. The best method of tick control is prevention, so you have to learn how to avoid and check for these pests. The tick exterminators at Heron Home & Outdoor understand just how concerning a tick outbreak can become. For reliable tick pest control, you can trust the advice from our experts.
Tick Extermination in Florida
If you have pets that spend time outdoors, you have probably had to remove ticks from them before. When ticks latch onto your pets, they can be brought back inside your home, spreading around until they eventually find you. Certain kinds of ticks are able to spread serious diseases through their bites, so it’s important to learn all about identifying ticks in your area and how you can handle your own tick removal.
Types of Ticks in Central FL
- American Dog Ticks. As the name suggests, these ticks are most often found on our dogs, but they will go after all kinds of animals, including humans. They have bright red legs with a darker back and like to live along trails in high grass. American dog ticks can spread tularemia and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.
- Blacklegged Ticks. Infamous for spreading Lyme disease, blacklegged ticks are smaller and darker in color than other ticks in the region. They live in areas of dense vegetation, like woods or in tall grass.
- Lone Star Ticks. Lone star ticks are bright red in color with a white spot on their back and characteristically long mouthparts. They cannot survive indoors, but thrive in the woods and other areas where lots of small animals live.
When to Call a Tick Exterminator
If you’re seeing increasing activity around your home, you may need to ask for help from a tick exterminator. The tick control experts at Heron Home & Outdoor will perform a holistic inspection of your property to find all of your vulnerabilities. We will then develop our tick removal plan accordingly, using safe and effective tick pest control products and prevention efforts to keep your family and your pets safe.
How to Avoid Ticks on Your Property
To steer clear of ticks, it’s important to know about their habits and their hiding places. There are several steps you can take to avoid coming into contact with ticks on your own:
- Wear protective clothing: Limit the amount of skin that you leave exposed when going to wooded areas or walking through tall grass.
- Use bug sprays: Bug sprays with at least 20% DEET can be applied to exposed skin to ward off ticks.
- Keep your yard tidy: Trimming your grass, pruning your plants, and cleaning up any excess piles of wood or yard waste around your home will give ticks less opportunities for hiding places.
- Take precautions when hiking: Make sure to walk in the center of trails when going on hikes. People often find that their dogs come back home with ticks if they let them stray too far from the trail.
- Prevent wildlife problems: Deer, coyotes, foxes, raccoons, skunks, and opossums can all attract nearby ticks. Keeping them out of your yard will reduce the chances of a tick outbreak.
Let our exterminators protect your family from infestations!
pestfree365 is the most comprehensive, all-inclusive pest control ever. Our Service Consultants will conduct an in-depth inspection of your home. We’ll find out where pests get in, where they’re hiding, and what damage they could be causing. You’ll receive detailed inspection notes plus a treatment and prevention plan. And if you ever see a bug again, call us and we’ll re-treat your home for free.
Keep pests out of your home. Guaranteed.
Do I Need a Tick Exterminator?
Are you constantly finding ticks around your home? If you suspect you have a problem, contact the tick removal experts at Heron Home & Outdoor today. Our pest control experts will inspect and treat your home as quickly as possible, preventing the infestation from getting worse!
OVER 100 POSITIVE REVIEWS
“Absolutely thrilled with our tech. Always takes pride in his work. Has always found and cleared any pest problem we have ever had.”
Comprehensive Tick Control Solutions
Heron Home & Outdoor provides comprehensive services for all of your pest control and lawn care needs. Because we are able to expertly perform so many household services, you can call one company instead of five! We offer pest control treatments and inspections, wildlife removal, lawn care services, irrigation system installation and maintenance, and TAP® insulation installation.
Curious about all of the services we provide? Explore your options for total home care with Heron Home & Outdoor!
Tick Exterminators – Control – Removal Serving Orlando and surrounding counties
Serving satisfied customers in: