Winter Pest Control Checklist
Metro Orlando FL | Kissimmee - Sanford - Leesburg
During the harsh cold of winter, hoards of pests look to our homes to find places to hide out. Whether for the promise of an overwintering nest, a warm place to call home base, or other bugs to eat, there’s something for every critter inside your house. We often hear about taking precautions to winterize your house, but what can you do to elevate your preparations to keep pests out? Read on for a winter pest control checklist put together by our technicians at Heron Home & Outdoor!
Common Winter Pests
Many people feel that they can let their guard down against pests when winter comes, only to be surprised when their home is teeming with critters. Here are some of the pests that Central FL residents deal with in the winter:
Ready for your INSTANT quote?
Click the button below to leave your information and we’ll be in touch with a free quote!
Winter Pest Inspection Checklist
Here are eight places to look out for when conducting your own winter pest control:
- Windows: Ensure that there are no gaps around your windows or rips in any screens that you have installed.
- Vents: Check your vent covers to make sure they are intact and not leaving any gaps.
- Roof: Make sure to repair any roof damage or replace missing shingles before winter. This is often how rodents enter.
- Gutters: Remove any debris from your gutters to prevent clogging. Standing water buildup attracts pests like mosquitoes.
- Garage: Make sure that there are no gaps in your garage doors where pests could get in. This is the easiest point of access for larger pests living outside.
- Vegetation: Trim back your branches and bushes that are close to or touching your home. Many pests hide out in trees and bushes when inactive.
- Yard: Get rid of yard waste and move woodpiles further away from your house.
- Foundation: You have to ensure that there are no cracks in your foundation. Mice can squeeze through dime-sized holes!
Professional Winter Pest Control
When winter rolls around and you’re still dealing with pest problems, you can always reach out to your local pest control company for an additional inspection. At Heron Home & Outdoor, our technicians have helped many homeowners in Central FL find the reasons for their pest problems and even identify further hard-to-find vulnerabilities. The expert touch of a licensed and certified pest control technician can make the difference between a cozy winter and one filled with pest problems. We hope you’ve found our winter pest control checklist helpful—for more information or a free quote, contact us today!Back to Residential Pest Control
Winter Pest Control Checklist Serving Orlando and surrounding counties
Serving satisfied customers in: