How to Prep Your House for Mosquito Season
Metro Orlando FL | Kissimmee - Sanford - Leesburg
Mosquitoes are serious pests, causing physical reactions and also diseases. The itchiness and redness that comes with every mosquito bite are more than a slight inconvenience, because mosquitoes also carry a lot of vector-borne diseases like Zika, dengue, chikungunya, malaria, and elephantiasis, making them very dangerous to live with. This is why homeowners should do everything to prep their houses to prevent mosquitoes from invading.
When Do Mosquitoes Become a Problem?
Mosquitoes are most likely to be present during warm seasons, which, in Florida, is nearly year-round. The exact start of the mosquito season is different each year, but generally the season starts during early spring, peaking during the hot summer months. Mosquito populations will thin out in fall, and they may disappear entirely for a couple of months before early spring again. The best time to implement control issues is during winter, when populations are at their lowest. This ensures that when summer hits, you’re ready!
What Makes Mosquitoes Worse?
- Warm climates: Mosquitoes thrive in heat. As the temperature rises, these insects begin feeding more frequently, increasing the chances of an outbreak.
- Stagnant water: Stagnant water is the ideal breeding ground for mosquitoes to lay their eggs. Mosquitoes need standing water because they spend their time fully submerged in water during their larvae and pupae stages.
- Rains after a long drought: During a dry spell, natural freshwater sources are harder to find, which is why mosquitoes seek artificial water sources such as swimming pools and water found inside residential homes. Heavy rains will further exacerbate conditions as dormant mosquito eggs hatch once water collects in birdbaths, buckets, and tires.
Ready for your INSTANT quote?
Click the button below to leave your information and we’ll be in touch with a free quote!
Prepare Your Home Against Mosquitoes
The best way to eliminate a potential mosquito problem before it begins is to inspect your home’s exterior.
- Check every nook and cranny for things that can hold standing water.
- Empty buckets, folded tarpaulins, disregarded canvas sheets, pet food bowls, and birdbaths are the usual suspects for mosquito breeding grounds.
- Check the eaves, roof gutters, and plastic drain pipes in your home.
- Remove any leaves and twigs that may clog them up and cause water to collect.
- If you have ponds in your landscape, consider putting in frogs or fish, as they love eating mosquitoes.
- Install tight-fitting screens all over the doors and windows of your house.
Heron Home & Outdoor Mosquito Control Services
Some mosquitoes seem to be more tenacious than others. If you can’t seem to get rid of them with any or all of these methods, talk to a lawn and garden expert about safe chemicals or solutions you can apply to your yard to kill and repel mosquitoes. Heron Home & Outdoor offer the following services which can be helpful in prepping for mosquito season:
- Adult Mosquito Elimination: Each team that goes into a home ensures that all adult mosquitoes and eggs are removed from the site.
- Custom-Designed Application System: Our treatment program is custom-designed. We do a site analysis first to make sure we apply the most appropriate pest control program that befits your home and your situation.
- Treatment of Home Exterior: Not only do we treat indoors, we also implement pest control activities outside of your home and within your immediate surroundings, to fully exhaust all the possible places where mosquitoes can hide.
Heron Home & Outdoor will work with you to make sure your needs are taken care of, any problems are addressed, and we won’t stop working until your backyard is fully controlled. Call us today for a free estimate!Back to Mosquito Exterminators – Control – Removal
How to Prep Your House for Mosquito Season Serving Orlando and surrounding counties
Serving satisfied customers in: