Mosquito Bite Prevention and Treatment
Metro Orlando FL | Kissimmee - Sanford - Leesburg
While the world of insects is fascinating, and one that some people spend their lives exploring, most of us only care about the damage they can do. Generally, this comes down to mosquito bites and insect stings. Although most of us will experience dozens of them every year, there’s no getting used to a mosquito bite.
Preventing Mosquito Bites
While it’s difficult to know when you may be attacked by mosquitoes, it’s important to know the little things you can do to try and prevent them:
- Whenever possible, avoid going outdoors at dawn or dusk. This is when mosquitoes are most active and bites are most prevalent.
- Cover your arms and legs with long-sleeved shirts, jackets, and long-legged pants. Treating the clothing with insect repellent will help as well.
- During extended time outdoors, apply insect repellent that contains at least 25 percent DEET. Use only as instructed by the manufacturer.
Ready for your INSTANT quote?
Click the button below to leave your information and we’ll be in touch with a free quote!
How Should I Treat a Mosquito Bite?
Mosquito bites: even though they may only last a second, that itchy red bump can feel like it remains for an eternity.
- Resist the overwhelming temptation to scratch, which can make the bite worse.
- Always wash your bites in cold water and use soap to clean the area.
- Use anti-inflammatories (e.g. NSAIDS, Benadryl and steroids), antihistamines, and over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone cream (if the itch becomes really bad).
- While it’s rare, if you develop any odd symptoms or it appears you’re suffering from an infection, go see a doctor and get some antibiotics.
Professional Mosquito Prevention
The best way to avoid having to deal with annoying and sometimes painful mosquito bites is by preventing mosquitoes in the first place. While there are a number of tips and tricks to follow in order to protect yourself from bites, there’s no telling whether they’ll be effective enough. At Heron Home & Outdoor, we provide exceptional mosquito services that can help protect you and your family from mosquitoes. Give us a call today to learn more!Back to Mosquito Exterminators – Control – Removal
Mosquito Bite Prevention and Treatment Serving Orlando and surrounding counties
Serving satisfied customers in: