Mosquito Bite Prevention and Treatment
Metro Orlando FL | Kissimmee - Sanford - Leesburg
While the world of insects is fascinating, and one that some people spend their lives exploring, most of us only care about the damage they can do. Generally, this comes down to mosquito bites and insect stings. Although most of us will experience dozens of them every year, there’s no getting used to a mosquito bite.
How Should I Treat a Mosquito Bite?
Mosquito bites: even though they may only last a second, that itchy red bump can feel like it remains for an eternity.
- Resist the overwhelming temptation to scratch.
- It actually makes the histamine agitate your skin, resulting in even more irritation than before.
- It’s also easy to scratch too much, break the skin and leave yourself open to infection.
- Always wash your bites in cold water and use soap to clean the area.
- Use anti-inflammatories (e.g. NSAIDS, Benadryl and steroids), antihistamines, and over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone cream (if the itch becomes really bad).
- While it’s rare, if you develop any odd symptoms or it appears you’re suffering from an infection, go see a doctor and get some antibiotics.
Ready for your INSTANT quote?Click the button below to leave your information and we’ll be in touch with a free quote!
Which Insects Cause Allergic Reactions?
Just about any insect can cause an allergic reaction in someone. However, there are two main factors working behind the scenes:
- The amount of substance an insect injects in you when they attack (e.g. venom from a stinger).
- For example, if a bee stings you and is able to leave their stinger in for a few seconds, chances are venom is continuing to pump into your body.
- The longer venom is being pumped into you, the more symptoms you’ll experience.
- How allergic someone is to these substances.
- Some people can walk away after a sting with nothing more than some swelling around where it happened. They might also feel mild pain that goes away after a couple hours.
- Other people can suffer from life threatening symptoms, if they are extremely allergic to bee venom. If someone is allergic to stinging insects, they may need to carry an EpiPen with them.
Back to Mosquito Exterminators – Control – Removal
Mosquito Bite Prevention and Treatment Serving Orlando and surrounding counties
Serving satisfied customers in these cities & counties: