How to Manage a Cockroach Infestation
Metro Orlando FL | Kissimmee - Sanford - Leesburg
Like bed bugs, the hardest part about getting rid of cockroaches is knowing if you have them in the first place. All roaches do their best to hide out of sight, but because cockroaches are so small and agile, they’re exceptionally good at it – the only time they venture out is to feed or mate, and even then, only under the cover of darkness.
Finding a Cockroach Infestation
If you suspect you might have a roach infestation, you can try this simple test:
- At night, when the lights are off, sneak as quietly as you can into the suspected infected area.
- Fix your eyes on a potential hiding place (remember: warm, dark, secluded), then switch on the lights.
- Cockroaches are fast, but not faster than the speed of light. You should be able to catch sight of one or two roaches fleeing for safety, but remember the first rule of cockroach control: if you see one, there are dozens more in hiding.
Ready for your INSTANT quote?Click the button below to leave your information and we’ll be in touch with a free quote!
Cockroach Control and Your Home
Cockroaches want three things: food, water, and shelter. But roaches don’t have to be part of your household. Keep them and other pests at bay with these time-tested preventive measures:
- Refrigerate unsealed food.
- Store food in airtight containers.
- Avoid leaving pet food out overnight.
- Completely seal trash or take it out nightly.
- Wash or put unwashed dishes in the dishwasher.
- Wipe or sweep away spills and crumbs immediately.
- Keep your oven, microwave, and counters debris-free.
- Seal all cracks and gaps around pipes and in your home’s exterior.
No plan is foolproof. If you find yourself in the midst of a cockroach invasion, contact your local pest control professionals right away.
Call a Professional Cockroach Exterminator
While you might be tempted to conduct some DIY roach control with a can of pesticide spray, keep in mind there’s a reason people joke about cockroaches surviving a nuclear apocalypse: cockroaches have survived while living in nuclear testing sites!
If you want to eliminate your cockroach problem as quickly and simply as possible, your first step should be to contact an experienced pest management company like Heron Home & Outdoor. We’ve eliminated pest populations in countless homes and businesses. We use Integrated Pest Management to get rid of cockroaches in the safest way possible. We’ll work with you to make sure your needs are taken care of, any problems are addressed, and we won’t stop working until the cockroaches are gone for good. Call Heron today for a free estimate!Back to Cockroach Exterminators – Control – Removal
How to Manage a Cockroach Infestation Serving Orlando and surrounding counties
Serving satisfied customers in these cities & counties: