How to Get Rid of Wasps
Metro Orlando FL | Kissimmee - Sanford - Leesburg
Wasps are insects that many tread carefully around. Infamous for their painful stings, wasps have set up nests on many of our properties around Central FL, causing stress and a sense of danger. If you have wasps on your property, read on. The wasp removal team at Heron Home & Outdoor has compiled some advice on getting rid of them on your own and laid out some of the details of our service plans.
Can You Get Rid of Yellowjackets Naturally?
If you have yellow and black-striped wasps on your property, you’re dealing with yellowjackets. Yellowjackets are one of the most common species of wasps here in Central FL To discourage them from nesting on your property, here are some steps you can take:
- Seal any potential nesting sites. Look around your property for holes in your roofing, attic, basement, or other structures that could provided sheltered nesting spaces.
- Don’t allow them any food sources. Wasps prefer food that is sweet or high in protein. Make sure to properly dispose of your food waste and use trash cans that seal shut.
- Apply preemptive wasp control measures. Rubbing a bar of soap under your overhangs and eaves, spraying a vinegar solution, or setting up aluminum foil in suspected nesting areas can all work to keep wasps away naturally.
Ready for your INSTANT quote?
Click the button below to leave your information and we’ll be in touch with a free quote!
How to Get Rid of Yellowjackets and Wasps Reliably
It is much easier to prevent wasps on your own than it is to get rid of them on your own. If a wasp nest has already formed on your property, the only safe way to get rid of it is to hire a professional wasp exterminator. This is the protocol we recommend to people who have discovered wasps or yellowjackets nesting on their property:
- Don’t disturb their nest. Wasps are aggressive insects that will sting without warning or hesitation.
- Don’t swat at them. When one wasp is angered, many more will be, too. This is because they release a pheromone that tells other wasps that their nest is in danger.
- Call a wasp removal company. A professional wasp control technician will come with the equipment and knowledge to safely remove a wasp nest from your property.
Best Way to Get Rid of Yellowjackets
It’s always best to err on the side of caution when it comes to wasp removal. Yellowjackets conglomerate by the dozens and are able to sting over and over. If you need wasp pest control in Central FL, the experts at Heron Home & Outdoor have you covered. Contact us today for a free quote!Back to Bee, Wasp, & Hornet Exterminators – Control – Removal
How to Get Rid of Wasps Serving Orlando and surrounding counties
Serving satisfied customers in: