When to Call a Hornet and Wasp Exterminator
Metro Orlando FL | Kissimmee - Sanford - Leesburg
Bees, wasps, and hornets are pollinators, and classified as beneficial insects. We rely on them to pollinate our fruits, grains, and vegetables. When their nests are away from human dwellings and businesses, there’s no problem. But when nests start to form in or around places where humans frequent, some action needs to be taken.
If you feel like wasps are a threat to the health and safety of your family, don’t wait to act.
Using DIY Methods for Bee Nest Removal
Using pesticides or other poison to kill wasps can be hazardous for humans, in addition to animals that may feed on their carcasses. And never, ever spray chemicals inside your home.
- If the nest isn’t that big (palm-sized or less), consider knocking it down yourself.
- When their nest is threatened, wasps will do almost anything to defend and protect it. Knocking a nest down needs to be done very carefully.
- If you’re going to spray before you knock a nest down, spray at night or early in the morning, when wasps and bees are least active.
- Always knock nests down at night.
- Always wear protective gear, like long sleeves and pants. This can help you to avoid a sting.
- Make sure to properly dispose of the nest, as well as any dead wasps you see.
- If you are allergic to stinging insects of any kind, do not attempt to knock a nest down! Wasps are animals, and they’re highly unpredictable. Don’t take any chances, even if it looks like most of them are dead!
- If the nest is bigger than a fist, please do not attempt to knock it down. You need to call a professional!
Ready for your INSTANT quote?Click the button below to leave your information and we’ll be in touch with a free quote!
Safe and Environmentally-Friendly Hornet Nest Removal
The nest is bigger than your fist, and you’re considering calling a professional. Good for you! It’s the safest way to remove a nest and any potential danger. A licensed pest control company like Heron Home & Outdoor can ensure that the infestation is safely destroyed, as well as taking preventative measures to prevent more bees from re-entering or re-colonizing the space. If you’re concerned about bees or other stinging insects around your house, give us a call! Heron Home & Outdoor will work with you to make sure your needs are taken care of, any problems are addressed, and any nests are removed safely. Call Heron today for a free estimate!
Back to Bees, Wasps, & Hornets Exterminators – Control – Removal
When to Call a Hornet and Wasp Exterminator Serving Orlando and surrounding counties
Serving satisfied customers in: