Prevent Bed Bugs While Traveling
Metro Orlando FL | Kissimmee - Sanford - Leesburg
You’ve been saving up for this vacation all year, and you can’t wait. Your suitcase is packed, the tickets are booked, and you’re ready to go. But what are you forgetting?
During your travels, you could be picking up some unwanted hitchhikers along the way: bedbugs! Many bedbug problems are often started as an unintended result of a trip. As thousands of people travel through airports, ride in taxis, and stay in hotels, they can often unknowingly bring bed bugs along with them in their suitcases. These bugs can make their way into your luggage and make the journey home with you, if you are not careful. Heron Home & Outdoor has put together our favorite tips and tricks for beating bed bugs.
Ready for your INSTANT quote?Click the button below to leave your information and we’ll be in touch with a free quote!
Bed Bug Prevention on the Go
- Shut bed bugs out of your luggage
- You can reduce the risk of picking up bedbugs if you have a suitcase with a hard, smooth outer casing.
- If you already have a cloth or canvas suitcase, it’s still possible to make it harder for bedbugs to hitch a ride: wrap all of your clothing and any other cloth items in plastic bags when packing.
- Research hotels before you book
- Look to see if any past customers mention bed bug problems at the hotel you are considering. The hotel itself is not going to be upfront about this information.
- Inspect your hotel room when you arrive
- Before you settle into a hotel room, even if the location has wonderful reviews, take a moment to inspect the room for signs of bedbugs.
- Pull back the bed sheets, and look between the mattress and box spring for any signs of eggs, feces, or skin that has been shed. When you look at the surface of the mattress, you might find tiny specks of blood, where the bugs have bitten previous guests.
- Keep your luggage out of reach: Bed bugs can climb into your bag from the floor or from one piece of luggage to another.
- Keep your things out of the reach of bedbugs by using suitcase racks or keep your luggage on top of other furniture.
- You can also keep your luggage in your lap when riding in taxis, airplanes, or other forms of public transportation.
- Take precautions when you return home
- Wash and dry all of your clothing, and any other cloth souvenirs, in the warmest settings possible—even if they were not worn during your trip.
- Thoroughly vacuum or steam-clean your suitcase before you store it. Pay careful attention to the lining and any pockets where the bugs could be hiding.
Professional Treatment for Bed Bugs
The worst has happened, and despite your best efforts–you found bed bugs in your suitcase! Don’t try to treat them by yourself! Though there are ways to help rid your home of bed bugs yourself, it can also make matters worse. Often times the home remedies only push the bed bugs away from the treatment and further into your home.
Heron Home & Outdoor will work with you to make sure your needs are taken care of, any problems are addressed, and we won’t stop working until the bed bugs are gone for good. Call Heron today for a free estimate on your bed bug treatment plan!Back to Bed Bug Exterminators – Control – Removal
Prevent Bed Bugs While Traveling Serving Orlando and surrounding counties
Serving satisfied customers in: