5 Frightening Facts About Termites
Termites are a worry for homeowners across the United States, but the most common varieties tend to be localized in the southeast portion of the country. For homeowners in Central Florida, conditions are just right for termite infestations so scheduling a termite inspection is a must.
Here are five frightening facts about termites:
- Termites Don’t Discriminate– Don’t be fooled into thinking your home is immune to termites; it isn’t. Termites feed on cellulose, an organic material found in wood, so every standard home construction type is at risk.
- Termites Thrive in Warm, Dark Places– Why do termites covet the American Southeast? It’s the region with the highest combination of heat and humidity year round, and Central Florida is at the heart of it. Wood and compost piles, and ground level garden beds where the dirt touches your foundation are the most attractive places for termites to gain entry into your home.
- Termite Colonies Infest Fast and Grow Fast– Termites create colonies in which some members with wings, called “swarmers” migrate to start a new colony each year. This means that during warmer season termites could enter your home without any sign of early contact, and before you know it, they’re jeopardizing the structural integrity of your home. Some species can lay up around 1 million eggs in a single year!
- Termites Can Eat Through a Standard 2″ By 4″ in Months– The average sized termite population can eat through one foot of a 2″ by 4″ board in about six Formosan termites, one of the most common and aggressive subterranean varieties can eat much faster.
- Termites Cost Homeowners in the U.S. an Estimated 5 Billion a Year– What’s more, a standard home with termite damage takes an average of 3,300 dollars annually to repair. That’s not pocket change.
To avoid termites ravaging your home without your knowledge and costing you thousands, it’s usually a good idea to get a termite inspection every few years.
Call the Experts
Heron Pest offers the premier Orlando termite control service in Central Florida, and the termite inspection technicians are fully licensed and insured. We even have certified entomologists on staff to help identify problems before they force you to break the bank. To learn more about the termite inspection services offered by Heron Pest, call us today at 1.877.772.0826 to get a quote and get protected.
5 Frightening Facts About Termites In Orlando and surrounding counties
Serving satisfied customers in these cities & counties: