Metro Orlando FL | Kissimmee - Sanford - Leesburg
In a perfect world, thorough termite inspection would be performed before an infestation and damage could spread throughout a structure. If a termite problem is found early, localized treatments can be used to eradicate the pests. Without early treatment, an infestation becomes too extensive, and termite fumigation may be necessary in order to get the issue under control.
Heron Home & Outdoor provides termite fumigation services throughout Florida. These fumigations involve completely sealing a building in a tent, and circulating a gas throughout the property. The gas penetrates walls, insulation, and deep into other areas where the termites could be living.
Ready for your INSTANT quote?Click the button below to leave your information and we’ll be in touch with a free quote!
What to Expect from a Termite Fumigation
Typically, termite fumigation will last approximately three days. Depending upon the severity of the infestation, and the needs of the client, it may be possible to shorten the fumigation period, or the time may need to be lengthened.
- Preparing for Termite Fumigation:
- Before fumigation begins, you will want to make arrangements to have all people, pets, and plants removed from the home.
- All foods and medicines need to be either removed from the home or sealed in airtight containers; we can advise you as to what type of containers will be safe.
- Outside of the home, any plants, fences, antennas, or other objects that could obstruct the tent must be removed in order to provide access.
- During Fumigation:
- The house will be completely covered and sealed using tarps. A chemical gas will be introduced, and fans will be used in order to thoroughly circulate the gas throughout the house.
- Warning signs will be clearly posted around the home.
- Re-Entering After Fumigation:
- After the fumigation, the gas is cleared out using the fans and opened ventilation areas around the tarps.
- The structure will take a minimum of 12 hours to be completely aerated.
- No one will be permitted to enter the building until our certified fumigators have deemed it completely safe.
Choose an Experienced Termite Fumigator
Heron Home & Outdoor is committed to environmentally-safe pest control. This means that when you choose to have our technicians provide termite fumigation services, you know that you are working with professionals that not only know the latest and most effective pest control techniques, but you can rest assured that we will do everything necessary to keep you, and your surrounding environment, safe.
Fumigation Solves Only Part of the Termite Problem
Termite fumigation addresses only the termites that are present in the home and above ground. Many of the termite colonies will often live below the ground in the soil surrounding your home, and these areas will not largely be affected by the fumigation. Termite fumigation also does not provide any residual effect that would prevent or harm termites that re-enter the property after fumigation is complete.
This does not mean that termite fumigation does not provide an important service. It can be very effective at addressing severe and widespread termite infestation throughout your home and can stop damage from becoming more serious. However, additional soil treatments, termite baits, and other pest control techniques should accompany the termite fumigation in order to provide a more comprehensive solution. The termite control specialists at Heron Home & Outdoor can help you determine the best plan for your property.Back to Termite Exterminators – Control – Inspections
Termite Fumigation Serving Orlando and surrounding counties
Serving satisfied customers in: