What Cockroaches are Attracted to
Metro Orlando FL | Kissimmee - Sanford - Leesburg
A roach can survive under unbelievably harsh conditions, and they will do anything to survive. In addition to causing psychological distress, cockroaches may contaminate your family’s food supply with E.coli and salmonella, reinforcing the need for professional cockroach control.
Cockroach Behavior and Attractions
- Cockroaches are mainly nocturnal insects, which is why they scatter and scuttle toward dark corners when you turn on a light. They prefer dark, moist environments for their homes, especially ones that provide easy nourishment and accessible, warm hiding places.
- Cockroaches can survive on a lot of different materials. They eat food, garbage, wallpaper paste, paper, bookbinding materials, and other organic materials. So, if you have a stack of newspapers in the garage that’s been exposed to moisture, you’ve created the perfect roach hideout.
- Roaches particularly prefer moist environments, so if you have sweating pipes or places in your basement with standing water, you need to clean them up and dry them out if you want to get rid of cockroaches and keep them away.
- Roaches also gravitate toward small nooks and crannies. They’ll hide under the sink, in the walls, and within cracks in the floor, too. If you want to make sure that roaches don’t get into your home, check and plug up holes in the walls and foundation of your home that could allow roaches in from outside.
Ready for your INSTANT quote?Click the button below to leave your information and we’ll be in touch with a free quote!
Preventing Cockroach Infestations
Cockroaches want three things: food, water, and shelter. But roaches don’t have to be part of your household. Keep them and other pests at bay with these time-tested preventive measures:
- Refrigerate unsealed food.
- Store food in airtight containers.
- Avoid leaving pet food out overnight.
- Completely seal trash or take it out nightly.
- Wash or put unwashed dishes in the dishwasher.
- Wipe or sweep away spills and crumbs immediately.
- Keep your oven, microwave, and counters debris-free.
- Seal all cracks and gaps around pipes and in your home’s exterior.
No plan is foolproof. If you find yourself in the midst of a cockroach invasion, contact your local pest control professionals right away.
Expert Cockroach Exterminators
At Heron Home & Outdoor, we’ve eliminated pest populations in countless homes and businesses. We use Integrated Pest Management to get rid of cockroaches in the safest way possible. We’ll work with you to make sure your needs are taken care of, any problems are addressed, and we won’t stop working until the cockroaches are gone for good. Call Heron today for a free estimate!Back to Cockroach Exterminators – Control – Removal
What Cockroaches are Attracted to Serving Orlando and surrounding counties
Serving satisfied customers in: