Protect Your Home From Invasive Fall Pests
With summer officially over, there are several types of pests that infamously become more of a problem in the autumn months in central Florida. Boxelder bugs, rodents, ladybugs, ants, and spiders are just a few pests that often try to make their way indoors to escape the cooling weather outside. Fall pest control is of the utmost importance to help protect your property from pests and insects looking to set-up shop inside your home. Read on to learn Heron’s top tips on preventing invasive fall pests.
Pest Problems in the Autumn
Although you may think pests are at their worst in the summertime, infestations are even more common in the fall months. Especially in Florida, you may see the following pests more than ever in September and October:
- Ants: Cooler temperatures may push ants indoors.
- Rats and mice: Although active year-round, rodents move indoors for warmth in the fall.
- Boxelder bugs: These red and black bugs seek sources of heat and will move inside buildings to overwinter.
- Cockroaches: Just like any other time of year, roaches will seek out moist, dark, damp, and warm areas inside
- Grubs: Florida lawns are infested by grubs in the autumn.
Preventing Seasonal Pest Infestations
To keep fall pests out of your property this fall, it’s important to be proactive about eliminating their chances to do so! Some of the main ways you can lessen the risks of getting an infestation include:
- Clean up your front and back yard, remove all debris, and get rid of piles of wood or other potential shelters for pests.
- Inspect your home for cracks or crevices, and seal them as needed. Repair damaged door and window screens, and double-check the security of your roof.
- Promptly address any moisture issues by fixing leaky pipes and faucets.
- Keep a clean and tidy home by wiping up messes and sealing food and trash cans.
How to be Pest-Free Year-Round
To avoid an infestation in the fall or winter, the time to protect your home is now! Many pests are driven into homes by the changing weather and will look for hiding spots to overwinter once inside. If you need help inspecting your home for possible pest attractants or are already noticing the signs of a pest problem, call the team at Heron. We know how to protect you and your family from seasonal pests all year long.
Protect Your Home From Invasive Fall Pests in Orlando and surrounding counties
Serving satisfied customers in: